Most couples would rather avoid the divorce process but sometimes relationships just do not work. More often than not, separating is better than staying together, especially if any of the five signs below are a part of your life. These are the signs that suggest it’s time to call a divorce lawyer columbia md and start the divorce process.
1. Do you find yourself dreaming of a place far, far away from your spouse? Would it make you happy if you never again heard their voice? It’s well beyond time to separate when you feel such extreme emotions.
2. Are you together for the sake of the children? Far too many couples stay together thinking it’s best for the kids. Truth be known, it’s usually the worst, since kids sense things and understand so much more than we realize.
3. Get out of the marriage if you are no longer in love and have no desire to rekindle the romance. Love is what keeps a marriage alive and when it’s gone with no hope of return, what point is there to stay together?
4. Are the arguments frequent but the conversations rare? Do you sleep in separate beds or your spouse on the sofa? If you no longer get along to the point to argue constantly, it causes stress and affects mental health. It’s also a sign that divorce is time.
5. The marriage is over when you’ve grown apart. If your goals and aspirations are much different than your spouse’s it’s hard to make a relationship work on any level. Maybe someone else is out there for you instead.
The five signs above indicate it’s time for divorce. Talk to a lawyer if you experience these signs and head to divorce court.